Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Freezing my fur off

Brrrr...this weather is down right chilly, even with a fur coat on. I try to make the best of it by spending more time sleeping in the sunny spots in the garden.

However, my favorite thing this time of year is enjoying a warm cup of hot cocoa. Here's one of my favorite recipes. Enjoy! I'd love to try some new recipes for hot chocolate if anyone would like to share theirs.

Ms. Bones Peppermint Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:
8 oz white chocolate, chopped
3 1/2 cups milk
6 hard peppermint candies, crushed fine
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2/3 cup whipping cream

Preparation:Beat chilled cream with crushed mints until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate for about an hour. Meanwhile, heat milk to a simmer, them mix in chocolate. Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add mint extract and stir through. Pour into mugs and top with minty whipped cream. Serves 4

No comments: